My 5 Step Process for Revising My NaNoWriMo Manuscript
February 2, 2015 § 2 Comments
or, I’m Pretty Sure I Don’t Know What the Hell I’m Doing
February 2, 2015
- Realize I’ve spent too much time marathoning Masters of Sex and pull out manuscript to re-read for the first time. Think, “Huh. This sounded so much better when I was writing it.” Nod off and go to bed.
- Ignore manuscript for two weeks and read books about one night stands instead.
- Receive encouraging messages from NaNoWriMo and start over, with a notebook, a red pen, and two or three shots of Vodka.
- Make notes to myself like, “Develop this or drop it” and “Must figure out S & R’s relationship” and “What is the issue here?”
- Occasionally, once in a while, every so often, note, “Huh. That’s pretty good. I don’t remember writing it. Not at all.”